I am not the chairman of Malumfashi FC, Surajo Baba tells NNL, wants his name to be cleared




By Bello Abdullahi


Following the Summary Jurisdiction released by the Nigeria National League owing to the crisis that erupted during the NNL Matchday 7 between Malumfashi FC and Sokoto United at the Comptroller Abubakar Labo Stadium in Malumfashi, Katsina State.



The former chairman of Malumfashi FC Alhaji Surajo Umar's name was mistakenly quoted for the new chairman's name Alhaji Mansur Abubakar Labo in the article Number (VII) of the decision of the Summary Jurisdiction which revealed that the Malumfashi Chairman has been Banned from all football related activities for three Months.



According to Surajo Umar Baba who spoke to the press at the late hours of Monday in Katsina town;



"I wish to first of all state here that i am not the chairman of Malumfashi FC. I believe it was a mistake from the NNL and I am sure it will be corrected because I seized to be the chairman of Malumfashi immediately I was appointed as the chairman of Katsina United FC in 2023. He posited



"The name of the chairman of Malumfashi FC is Alhaji Mansur Abubakar Labo and he has been the one in charge of the team since I left that capacity. I was surprised when I received a call saying that I have been ban for three months. I just laughed it off when I saw the Summary Jurisdiction and concluded immediately that it was a mistake from the NNL.



"I am respectfully using this medium to inform the NNL to kindly make the necessary corrections in order to clear my name. 


The soft spoken stakeholder continued by condemning the attack on the opposition and assured football enthusiasts to work along with security personnel and Malumfashi FC officials in order to bring the miscreants to justice.


"I vehemently condemn the attack on the match officials and the opposing team, as a stakeholder in Katsina State i promised to work-hand-in-hand with the chairman of Malumfashi FC and Security personnel to ensure the culprit are brought to book. He assured


Suraj who was appointed as Katsina United FC in 2023 when the team was languishing in the Nigeria second tier league, worked hard to ensure that Katsina United was promoted back to the Nigeria top flight league.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chief Oladokun Jeremiah paid courtesy visit to Yagba East Caretaker chairman, Hon. (Dr) Joshua Dare to congratulate him

Ebi Egbe gives proffessional advise ahead of Super Egales games against South Africa and Republic of Benin

Hon. Dare Joshua(Venza) assumed office with enormous praises on Yagba East Local Government residents,promise not to let them down.